Training & Support
The Natural Awakenings concept is a comprehensive system that provides initial training, ongoing support and guidance to all franchise owners. Our complete training program assists you in setting up your business and making sure you get off to a good start. It covers the entire monthly publishing process, from how to request editorial and advertising submissions to submitting elements for layout.
Our training presentations and workshops address advertising sales, magazine layout, editorial, distribution, accounting and much more! Then, our headquarters support staff will work directly with you to ensure that your first issue goes to print 90 to 120 days after training.
As a Natural Awakenings franchise owner, you will:
- Be in business for yourself but not by yourself.
- Take pride in ownership of your publishing business.
- Have the ability to control your own income.
- Create economic security for yourself and your family.
- Associate with local and national leaders in the field.
- Provide a valuable service that can improve peoples’ lives.
- Create a voice in your community that brings people together.
In addition to the complete training program, we provide:
- A monthly Publishers Option Package (POP). These 20+ editorial pages offer ready-to-print cover art, global news briefs and health briefs, feature articles, departments and promotional support materials. All can spark ideas for local editorial.
- An extensive archive of cover art and articles. Complete layouts and graphics are available on CDs.
- A large inventory of photo illustrations and graphics on CD, legally cleared for use in your publication.
Marketing & Sales Support
- Your own Natural Awakenings interactive hi-tech custom website, with links to the NAPC national site. Both are designed to bring local and national attention to your business, attract advertisers, and produce additional potential revenue streams.
- Professional, personalized Natural Awakenings media kits.
- Business promotion that shows how working hand-in-hand with potential advertisers gets results. Typically, 80 to 90 percent of your ads are one-year contracts and most renew.
- Potential national advertising clients.
- An archive of a wide variety of successful ads from all types of businesses that have appeared in Natural Awakenings nationwide.
- Training on how to write effective advertising copy.
- Natural Awakenings branded promotional items such as recycled tote bags, recycled pens, caps, Post-Its, lip balm, etc.
- A user name and password to download proprietary marketing materials including: advertisement contract/rate sheets, photographs, signs, logos, invoices, confidentiality agreements and much more.
- Participating in and sponsoring healthy living expos and other special events.
Business & Operations Support
- A detailed, user-friendly Owners Manual to be used as a quick reference tool.
- Access to the resources of the entire NAPC family of publishers through our online “List-Serve” dialogue.
- QuickBooks Pro accounting software setup and training.
- Magazine Manager proprietary software set-up and training. Through NAPC’s special established discounts, you pay only a small monthly user fee.
- Our professional staff and consulting services available to assist you for as long as you own your franchise.
- Proven, successful distribution strategies.
This is not an offer to sell a Natural Awakenings franchise. A franchise can only be offered through the Natural Awakenings Franchise Disclosure Document. Natural Awakening Publishing Corporation is headquartered at 4933 Tamiami Trail N., Ste. 200, Naples, Florida 34103. Your questions are always welcome - contact us.