Natural Awakenings Welcomes Your Participation!
Articles featured in Natural Awakenings address a number of natural living topics to help readers attain a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle. Readers trust our content because it is educational, balanced and engaging. We welcome article submissions from those who have published writing experience. Accepted articles may be published in the magazine, on our website, or both, depending on space and other considerations.
Articles should be submitted by email as an attached MS Word document or as text embedded in the body of the email. We reserve the right to edit all submissions for length, style and clarity. Photos should be sent as separate attachment, not embedded in the document. If we think that an article is publishable, but contains promotional content, we will request that the author resubmit the article after those references are removed or reworded.
All submissions should be sent to: NicoleM@NaturalAwakeningsMag.com
- Length: 300 – 1,000 words
- Articles should be written in layman’s terms, and impart information in a way that does not sound self-serving or promotional.
- Rather than tackling a vast subject, it is better to focus on a particular segment (Example: Using Chinese Medicine to Treat Menopause rather than Everything You Want to Know About Chinese Medicine).
- Article submissions should include facts and/or statistics that would be of interest to our readers. Any medical claims should be accompanied by cited research or credible source(s).
- We reserve the right to edit all submissions to fit our style guidelines, standards, and space limitations.
- Please include a brief (50 word) biography at the end of your article.
- For the best chance of acceptance, we suggest you review the Natural Awakenings editorial style guidelines by clicking here.
- If your article has been published elsewhere, we are probably not interested.
- We cannot guarantee publication, and if accepted, we may not publish your piece immediately. If you would like us to keep the submission for future consideration, please let us know when submitting your article.
- Your original work will most likely be edited to fit our magazine’s style guidelilnes and we reserve that right.